One year ago, my husband and I walked out of a building downtown with a plain piece of paper with a fancy little meaning.
It was really happening. I had applied for my business license and I was officially official! Amy Nicole Photography was no longer just my passion and my hobby, it was my business.
My, how different things are from one short year ago.
- One year ago, I had so many ideas, dreams and plans to “make it big” and “make it happen.” Don’t get me wrong, those ideas, dreams and plans still exist, that are just quite different now. I’ve truly started to hone in on who I am as a photographer and the artist + storyteller I want to be in this industry. Since then, I’ve done a ton of soul-searching. I was ready to create a business and a brand for myself, and I had and idea to do things a little differently. I had a mission with my business that I wanted to serve, and that mission was to create stories and heirlooms. Now that I had finally figured that out and taken the time to think through where I wanted to take my business, my old logo had to go and an entirely new brand had to be created. Thanks to my awesome husband Jeremy Cherry, I now have a solid brand that is truly me and what I’m all about. And, how could I not mention Mr. Ben Carr, the incredible developer behind this site. He made all the little intricacies of this site come alive and he did a grand-slam job with it.
- Also in the last year, I had my first full feature published in Nashville Lifestyles. Talk about a huge goal, as there is nothing like seeing your work in print. Especially when you are obsessed with magazines, and Nashville Lifestyles is such an incredible and well-designed publication!
- My work has been featured on The Loveliest Day , Modernly Wed, 100 Layer Cakelet, and Ashley’s Bride Guide. Plus, a few more are in the works and I am SO excited to share!
- As a photographer, I will never want to feel complacent in my work, as that will mean I’ve stopped growing. I seek to always grow in my art, and I am truly happy with how my work has progressed in the last year. I’ve honed in on how I shoot and how I plan to shoot, and I don’t plan to stop growing in that. I can’t wait to see where my work is in another year, as I’ll always be striving!
- I’ve worked on setting boundaries and work hours so that when things get even busier, I have systems in place with a solid workflow so that I will be able to focus well on my business without sacrificing the time I need with my husband, family and community. Balance, balance, balance! It’s a hard thing to find and stick with, but I strive to have a healthy work-life balance.
- I’ve met some amazing friends and vendors in this industry over the last year. Nashville is just so full of talent!! If you have any questions about vendors, please ask away, I have some great recommendations!
- I’ve designed and shot my first “styled shoot” at CJ’s off the Square in Franklin. So many amazing vendors were on board and I can’t wait to share it with you! I’m currently working on the submission process, but there’s another sneak peek in the collage below.
- Did I mention I have photographed some AMAZING couples + families? I wouldn’t be anywhere without my family, community and clients. Thank you for allowing me into your lives!
And to celebrate, I’m giving away a love session to one couple or family! See the details below:
How to Enter:
- LIKE on Facebook
- SIGN UP for my Newsletter — No worries, I hate spam, so these won’t bog down your inbox. I’ll send out announcements every couple of months (and I do have a fun announcement coming VERY soon!)
- Winner will receive a 1-hr session with Amy Nicole Photography on-location in the Nashville area. This session will include an online proofing gallery. The family session can include up to 5 people. Winner must contact Amy within 5 days to schedule the session. **The session is a lifestyle session, this includes families, couples and portrait sessions.
- Enter by Thursday,August 29, 2013. Winner will be announced Friday, August 30, 2013.